Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The KKK Strikes Again!

Hello, Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea. Dateline Chesterfield, VA: A young woman goes to her door and finds a pile of poop there with a note, informing her it was left there by the KKK and they don't like her because she is black.

Are you kidding me?

I'm surprised they didn't ring her doorbell and run away.

Bear in mind, this is the same KKK that was such a national pain in the ass throughout most of the 20th century: hangings, shootings, cross burning, marching down Main Street with their moron robes on. Yeah, these are the guys -- and they left a bag of poop on a woman's doorstep and ran away.

What were they trying to do, terrorize her? The last time I pulled the ol' 'Leaving Poop On Your Doorstep' thing was when I was seven years old. My neighbor, Paul Fiquet, and I left a bag of poop on a day care's front doorstep.

When someone came they just threw the bag in the outside garbage: No big pay off with someone stepping into it. OK, that was the beta testing phase. So, Paul came up with a fool proof idea -- we light the bag on fire and then ring the doorbell and run away. Someone will see the burning bag and stomp it out. So, they would have poop on their shoes then, you see. Only problem was, no one was there -- it was Sunday. No one came out. Our careers as scalawags was over and it was a miserable failure.

Flash forward 41 years. What Paul and I learned is being repeated, only by the KKK, as a means to strike terror into the heart of this poor woman. I don't know her name, but I know her cousin and he told me the whole thing. How do they up the ante? I fear they might try to toilet paper the tree on her front lawn, folks.

Hey, obviously, everyone knows who and what the KKK is -- no need to go over it. They are a bunch of hooded scumbags who have created more unnecessary suffering in this country than anything else for more than 150 years and -- they suck.

I will laugh at these evil hate-mongers resorting to a child's prank to "make their point." I like it a lot better than how they were making their points in the 1920s through 1970s -- and I think everyone will agree on that.

No longer threatening to march 200,000 strong down Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC, they have 'adjusted their campaign' for the 21st century. Listen, if the most anyone ever hears from the klan again is this nonsense I can't see it's a bad thing.

But, remember, Mr. and Mrs. America, once upon a time in this country most Southern office holders were card carrying members of the klan (circa 1910s through 1940s). Afterward, while they were not outspoken in their beliefs, many kept good relations with the klan. These people had power and what did they do with it? They killed people. They corrupted the office holders of our nation (which didn't take too much) and they gave every American a bad name because of their actions.

The klan killed NAACP President Medgar Evers, they dogged the footsteps of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. before a klan sympathizer killed him. They made their presence known on television screens around the country, evoking sheer terror because of their borttomless evil against minorities and anyone else who sided with equal rights.

To my surprise, someone who I considered almost a friend in Franklin, North Carolina told me he used to be a klan member but "...the group petered out here. Now a lot of us just meet for coffee now and again but no one is doing anything." I couldn't speak. I was in shock. Are you kidding me? He never heard from me again.

Meanwhile, in the 80s when I was a young soldier at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, the damn klan used to have breakfast as a group every Sunday at this breakfast place I used to like. No shit. Right out in  public. I left and never came back.

Some hate organizations try to make their sickening message more palatable with a smile and a wink. Well, screw the smiles and the winks. They're a hate group and one with a long history of violence. My question of the day: Why the hell are these groups allowed to exist?

This isn't the Elks, the Kiwanis, the Masons or the Knights of Columbus. They aren't having drives to help good causes. No, while the once mighty klan is lowered to doing childish tricks today, I would just assume they not exist at all. And, this is something of substance law enforcement can actually get done. It's just a matter of the national will to want it.

Well, I am casting my vote now: I'd really like them gone forever.

Again, thank you for letting me rant my old man rage. Here I am, getting stirred up and swinging my cane. I best watch it or I'll knock over the glass with my teeth in it.

I've done my best at putting my opinion where it's not asked for enough today. Thanks for coming by and, as always, seeya later alligators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity, vulgar language, personal attacks, libel or defamation, nudity of any kind or sexual imagery is permitted on this site. The site's management reserves the right to screen all messages for appropriateness through this venue.