Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Light out of dark

I know this shot isn't great. But, I have always liked it just the same. Originally, it was this horrible picture of a building I shot in the Warehouse District of Manhattan during the book launch of "What's Your Exit?"

For the record, I had nothing to do with that at all. I was just someone's "plus one" and was looking to kill some time snapping shots in-between all the hobbing and nobbing going around to the left and right of me.

"What's Your Exit?" was a nice book this person did, though. I said it at the time and meant it. But, the only thing more smothering than a room full of writers is two rooms full of writers. Well, writers are a necessary evil -- someone has to know how to spell stuff.

In this photo I looked at it in the context of transformation: dark to light. The photo also has an ethereal quality to me that is captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity, vulgar language, personal attacks, libel or defamation, nudity of any kind or sexual imagery is permitted on this site. The site's management reserves the right to screen all messages for appropriateness through this venue.