Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

War-Monger DC Trust Fund Babies Try to Take Social Security Away

Trust fund babies in Washington try to take our Social Security away!
I view myself as neither a Republican, Democrat or as Independent. I could care less about what crook gets to serve in what office anymore; the system is broken and some things one just has to live with. But, I do identify as both a Senior Citizen and a Disabled Veteran. And, when it comes to that, I feel pretty strongly about things.

I started contributing to Social Security when I was 16 years old, with a full-time job. I didn't stop having a full-time job until I was 47, when my injuries and disorders just caught up with me. I depend on Social Security being there for now and the future. And, any soft-handed, trust fund boy or girl in elected office that tells me they are going to "change" or "end" Social Security can go straight to hell.

The politicians in this country, at all levels, take care of the wealthiest Americans, really. Wealthy people are well represented at every level of Government. Yet, it is only Social Security that rewards the hard-working men and women of this country and gives them the square deal they deserve in this life right here. The rest of that stuff the politicians babble on about on television or in their speeches is a load of crap. I hate the idea of paying for their crap, but that is something no one can stop. Still, I'd protest every damn day if I thought anyone was thinking about touching Social Security in any way whatsoever.

I hear all the time by some politicians that "...it is just impossible to keep on funding Social Security as it has been." Well, kid, let me tell you this: People contribute to Social Security all their lives -- that is what is funding it. And, people are contributing to it right now. If there is an accounting problem, maybe it has something to do with two dumbass wars you thought were a good idea for 10 years.

Everyone knows these wars were dragged out to their illogical conclusion and were for years. How much money did the Good Old USA waste and flush down a toilet in Southwestern Asia? Who the hell knows -- but if we had it back Social Security would be fine into the next century without any nonsense.

A whole lot is being done in the name of "national security" these days -- more than any other era. If I were talking to our key government leaders right now, I would tell them this: You can bug my phone if you want, my Facebook page and my e-mail and Blogger accounts. I don't care. I am a loyal American and, whatever else I have been in this life, I have been that all of my days. But, don't you think my damn Social Security check is going to pay for one damn camera for you. If you need to, U.S. Government, you get a paper route to afford that crap -- I've earned what I've earned and you can get your grimy mitts off my Social Security. For that matter, don't even look at it -- I don't want to hear the words "Social Security" from any of your lying mouths.

If you have a bright idea about saving money, you go find it somewhere else.

I recall, as a child at the Marine Military Academy, in Harlingen, Texas, a speaker on the occasion of the Marine Corps Birthday, Nov. 10, 1775, being Chief of Naval Operations, Vice Admiral Thomas V. Foley. His words have rung in my ears ever since he uttered them and they are with me today. I have not forgot something he said and it went like this: "I just got back from Russia recently, where I was in Moscow. And, I would go for a run in the morning and be followed. I would use the phone and it would be tapped. Where I lived had listening devices in them. And, I knew it was not someplace that was free. Then I returned to the United States and instantly felt the freedom of this country again. This is a place where the Government does not follow you, tap your phone lines and where someone can truly be free."

Well, that isn't so anymore is it?

America does a lot of the things the Reds used to do back in the day, as a matter of national security or whatever.

I traveled to Washington DC as a child of 7 or so with my family and it was magnificent. I could and did walk right into the Capitol Building without anyone stopping me. I stared at the ceiling until I was dizzy. Then, I ran immediately to the gift shop and wailed until my parents bought me anything from there. I think it ended up being one of the glass snow scenes of the Capitol and I was content.

Today, you might as well be visiting a sealed off encampment, braced for attack as visit Washington DC. I am not saying there is no cause for this, but I am saying that America is diminished for it, and the spying on its own people and the ridiculous, frivolous wars of 10 years. Yes, we are a great nation, but we are no longer a nation with great leaders or possessing a great people. Right now, we live in the best possible country on this earth, but it is a country not as great as it has been before. And, a lot of us think that, I am pretty sure it is not just me.

What does that have to do with Social Security? Glad you asked. It has everything to do with it, because all of this nonsense costs money. The Federal Government has to find money for all of this crap, and then they cast a wary eye at Social Security. Well, Mr. Wary Eye Looker: Go to hell! Fine, this is the world we have now, well and good. Don't drag me into your mess.

I've paid my taxes, served my country during times of peace and war, as well as my community when it was needed -- like so many of us. Well, go and play your 1984 George Orwell games all you want. Like I said, put a microphone in my morning tea if you want -- but leave my Social Security alone. I don't like the way my world has changed, and I think I am not alone in that one either. But, this is the world the young people want, the ones they allow their politicians to give them and I have far fewer years ahead of me than are behind me so this world in a political, social and business sense is no longer my affair. But, as an observer with no dog in that hunt, it full-on sucks, in case anyone didn't know.

Well, thanks for stopping by and listening to my rant. As always, best of the week and seeya later, alligators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity, vulgar language, personal attacks, libel or defamation, nudity of any kind or sexual imagery is permitted on this site. The site's management reserves the right to screen all messages for appropriateness through this venue.