Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

When Old Man Time comes knocking

I was talking to an old friend, a very good one, and they were talking about life like it wasn't time to start thinking about retirement and planning on which cabana I am going to pick out in Florida sooner than later. Do not get me wrong, I ran into some hard times. But, between SSD once I get it and Service Connection, once that happens, I really feel like things will turn out OK.

At least I will be able to retire decently, I think, after this nightmare of the past three years. Hey, I do not need to reflect on the bad stuff. If I live to be 100 years old I will not forget the bad times. Maybe it would be better if I did. It would take the chip off my shoulder.

Likewise someone asked me about having another family: Well, I am not talking to nearly all of my current family, from brother to cousins and finishing up with daughters (with my daughters actually not talking to me, while I am still trying to talk to them). So, true to form -- total and utter dysfunction. With a track record like that, I think I will buy a dog and leave it right there. People are hard. Dogs are forever. I would rather have my skin peeled off than have a child or put up with another in-law.

Our relationships define who we are, I think, more than what we do and how we do it, or how we are educated or any of that. Well, my track record isn't exactly setting the world on fire with regard to long-term relationships with anyone so I am going to quit while I am behind and work as hard as I can getting what is due me and then concentrate on daytime television and fishing.

I think it is funny when people say, "Well, you're only as old as you think you are!" Someone needs to hit people like that. I am very damaged physically and psychologically -- so enough of the rah, rah crap. lol

I am old before my years. OK, it happens. I look forward to doing retirement well, though, and actually having some fun without someone's voice raining on my parade. I have no interest in 'showing' anyone or 'proving' a gosh-darn thing to a gosh-darn body. In everyone's life there comes a time when you realize that 'I did all I am going to do and a certain part of my life is over.' Well, Old Man Time came a knocking and I was home. Fine. Now, get out of my way, give me my AARP card, point me in the direction of the nearest restaurant offering a Senior Special and take up any concerns you have about me to my hand. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity, vulgar language, personal attacks, libel or defamation, nudity of any kind or sexual imagery is permitted on this site. The site's management reserves the right to screen all messages for appropriateness through this venue.