Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Focus on the Small Things, Usually They Matter More in the Long Run

 My Dad and I were direct opposites in some ways. He was so caught up in the 'now' that he did not really think about the future, or 'later.' He was a hard-working man, it's not a knock on him, but he had his way of seeing the world and I had mine. And my problem was I was living in the future with a lot of daydreaming about 'when I grow up.' 

    I think if he and I had met somewhere in the middle it might have made a lot of sense, for both of us. Well, Dad and I are not the only ones who ever allowed our perspectives to be skewed. The future has to be something planned for and it should be considered. Yet, that has to be weighed against what needs our attention right now, even today. 

    Balance is necessary in our lives so we can get the most out of everything. Balance is a great thing to live by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity, vulgar language, personal attacks, libel or defamation, nudity of any kind or sexual imagery is permitted on this site. The site's management reserves the right to screen all messages for appropriateness through this venue.